All choices of data destruction which we give our customers can be carried out onsite or offsite.
The destruction method chosen is usually determined by two things – what need destroying and is reuse required. Please see below for some options:
CESG Approved Crushing
Media Tapes/Video Tapes
CESG Approved Crushing prior to shredding
Optical Media (CDs/DVDs/Blueray)
Floppy / Zip Discs
USB Memory Sticks
Routers/Thin Clients with stored configs
Labels / Company references
Removal & Destruction
We guarantee the destruction of all data stored on anything we collect
Data Sanitization at our site [OFFSITE]
Computer Recycling Birmingham ensures the confidential data destruction of all data types when processing your collection at our processing site. This includes the removal of all asset tags / labels / references.
Offsite data destruction is included free of charge as standard but if you have any specific requirements such as all devices being destroyed instead of data wiped, please let us know.
We aim to process all collections within 1-2 weeks.
Data Sanitization at your site [ONSITE]
The loss of yours and your customer’s confidential data stored on your old redundant IT equipment could bring disastrous consequences your way. Data loss can result in many ways such as carelessness, by accident or through theft itself.
It is your responsibility under the Information Commissioners Office / Data Protection Act to ensure the safe destruction of data bearing devices when disposing of IT equipment comes about. Computer Recycling Birmingham are here to help you do this with our free service which exceeds compliance.
A bit more information about each onsite data destruction method available:
- Label Removal – All asset tags / confidential labels are removed from every single device
- Degaussing – Magnetic media is passed through a magnet which distorts the file allocation tables making the data irrecoverable and the device useless
- Shredding – All your media is passed through a heavy duty shredding machine which reduces it to tiny particles which of course are data unrecoverable
- Crushing – Larger data bearing media such as tapes / mobiles / hard drives can have a 1.5” hole crushed right through them destroying them which again of course leaves them unrecoverable
- Standard Data Wiping – The use of standard data wiping software and systems to standard wipe levels. Devices are usable after wiping
- Blancco Data Wiping – Blancco is the highest rated data wiping software available and we can provide this for a small fee. Devices are useable after data wiping
If you wish, we can:
- Visit your site and explain your options – We can attend any site throughout the UK
- Allow you access to our processing facility to see all our data destruction methods in use
- Explain all additional security features of this service such as: staff security vetting / vehicle tracking / vehicle CCTV / vehicle locking systems
- Provide a complete asset log report of every single device which is data sanitized onsite